Choosing the right tiles for bathroom wall and floor could be a challenging job as they are an extended inclusion in your home.
For the majority, it boils down to one’s personal choice regarding the selection of the tiles. Nevertheless, before you make a choice, here are a few things that you ought to know.
What’s the basic difference between the tiles for bathroom wall and floor?
The basic difference between the tiles for bathroom wall and floor is their quality.
- For starters, the tiles on the floor should be slip-resistant compared to the wall. Keeping this in mind, porcelain is commonly used in flooring due to its longevity, whereas ceramic tiles, which are comparatively smaller in size, are perfect for walls due to their ornamental luster.
- PEI rating, which is used to indicate the durability of tiles in the case of porcelain, is the best choice of material for floor tiles. Thus, it can withstand daily foot pressure.
- Slip Resistance - Another key factor that determines the use of porcelain in bathroom flooring is slip resistivity. The higher the slip resistivity, the better suited for damp areas like bathroom floor tiles or outdoor terrace tiles. Open-air tiles are also mostly made of porcelain due to their exposure to cold snaps.
Thus, porcelain also makes way for a great option for wall tiles. Just ensure that the surface of the wall is strong enough to hold the weight, and you should have the wall tiles placed at least two meters high.
Same or Different Tiles for bathroom wall and floor?
Nowadays, the trend is to use the same kind of tiles for bathroom walls and floors to give them a smooth, end-to-end finish. Nevertheless, it is a matter of subjective preference and approach.
And, it's perhaps a good choice to limit the decorative look to the shower wall and bathroom accessories to give them a beautiful glaze and to use porcelain-made durable tiles on the floor that are slip-resistant.
When it comes to choosing colors, lighter tiles are your best option for shower walls as they match the most commonly used bathroom accessories. This is important because constant usage of such bathroom accessories can also lead to fading of colors, so lighter shades should be a good option to go with.
On the other hand, if you like to keep it trendy, you might want to mix and match things with darker and lighter shades and accessories, or vice versa. What you can do is select a particular area to classify as where to use the expensive tiles to get a more glamorous or ornamental look, and for the rest of it, you can use the more pocket-friendly option.
In addition, to decorate your bathroom, the wash basin or the sink splashback is the ideal place to use patterned or mosaic tiles. You can choose from a plethora of options and match your bathroom accessories alongside, which can include:
- Bath tub
- Water Geyser
- Heat Pumps
- Bath Furniture
- Shower Enclosures
- Shower Panels
So, you see, choosing the same tiles for bathroom walls and floors does not have to be a problem anymore. All you need is clarity of decor, and a sense of beauty, and the rest can be taken care of.
However, always keep in mind a few basics before you go ahead with designing your bathroom.
- Always try to use bigger tiles in your bathroom to give it a bold appearance.
- Try to choose a lighter color for your walls, as it acts as a perfect camouflage for dirt and impairs a cleaner look.
- Don't opt for quirky patterns for both wall and floor tiles if your house doesn't resonate with the same vibe. Try to keep up with contemporary styling.
There you go with a handful of suggestions to help you create a unique look for your bathroom. However, if you are in doubt about an idea that's on your mind, get in touch with Katta Ceramics, who is an expert sanitary decor consultant. Katta Ceramics helps you discover the world of functional yet stylish sanitaryware and helps you select the best items from the top brands.