There are instances when users are not able to access company file due to a QuickBooks abort error. The error usually encounters when the company file is damaged or the folder containing the files does not have sufficient permissions. Other reasons are outdated QuickBooks Desktop and network connectivity issues. This error comes up on the screen with a message, “The connection to the company file has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately. Any unsaved data will need to be re-entered. Follow the blog until the end to get more insights on the QuickBooks Desktop abort error.
Stuck with the QuickBooks abort error? Stop stressing out. Give a call on the customer support number +1 800-579-9430 and connect with Quickbooks professionals to get advanced assistance on the same.
What leads to the QuickBooks company file abort error?
Down below are the known causes responsible for the error:
1. The folder containing the company file has insufficient permissions.
2. Windows Firewall and security applications are restricting QuickBooks access to the network.
3. Your internet is not stable, or there is some connection error.
4. Power saving mode is turned on on your PC.
Read more :- QuickBooks error ol 222
Solutions to Tackle QuickBooks Connection Lost abort error
Solution 1. Use Verify and Rebuild Data Tool to verify and rebuild the QuickBooks company file
1. To verify, go to the QuickBooks File menu and select Utilities.
2. Click Verify Data, then OK, and wait till it detects issues within the company file.
3. To rebuild, go back to the QuickBooks File menu and choose Utilities.
4. Select Rebuild Data and click OK.
Solution 2. Try updating your QuickBooks version to the latest release
1. Close QuickBooks company files properly before you quit the QuickBooks Desktop application.
2. Go to the Windows Start menu, locate the QuickBooks icon, and right-click it.
3. Choose the Run as administrator option and wait till you see the No Company Open screen.
4. There, choose the Help menu, select Update QuickBooks Desktop and go to the Options menu.
5. Select Mark All, click Save and move to the Update Now tab.
6. Click on the Reset Update checkbox, then select Get updates to start the download.
7. Finish the update process, open QuickBooks and install the update.
Solution 3. Get QuickBooks Tool Hub and use File Doctor to resolve network and company file issues
1. Close all company data files properly open in QuickBooks and then quit QuickBooks Desktop.
2. Start downloading the QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file.
3. Save the downloaded file to somewhere you can easily find it.
4. Locate and open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
5. Perform the on-screen instructions to install the tool hub.
6. Also, you need to agree to the terms and conditions to complete the installation process.
7. Go to your Windows desktop and double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
8. From the tool hub, select the Company File Issues tab and then Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
We hope you will be able to resolve the QuickBooks abort error permanently after implementing the above troubleshooting solutions. In case you face any difficulty or the issue arises again, give a call on our helpline number +1 800-579-9430 and talk to certified QuickBooks professionals.
Related article :- QuickBooks unable to backup company file