QuickBooks provides a comprehensive solution for all the accounting-related processes of small and medium-sized enterprises. It also provides the multi-user mode, through which multiple users can work together. QuickBooks Error H505 appears when the application fails to connect to the server. You won’t be able to access your files and data saved on the server when the issue appears. Through this article, we will discuss the various reasons that can cause the error and the methods of troubleshooting applicable for QuickBooks Error H505.
If you are facing QuickBooks error H505 and you need help from an expert, then contact us at our (800)-579-9430.
Read More | QuickBooks Error 1603
What can trigger the QuickBooks error code H505?
QuickBooks error code H505 is related to the multi-user feature which may appear When a user tries to access a file stored on another computer on the network. Inconsistent hosting settings or network issues can cause the issues, but there can be other reasons too. Let us analyze the various reasons that can cause QuickBooks error H505.
• Damaged or corrupt.ND files can cause the error.
• QuickBooks components facilitating the multi-user mode stop functioning.
• The host computer is not properly configured.
• Internet security protocol or firewall blocking the access.
Methods to resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error H505
QuickBooks Desktop error code H505 appears with an error message telling the error code. Various methods can be applied to resolve the error depending upon the reason for promoting it. Let us analyze them in detail:
Read More | QuickBooks error 6147
Method 1: Configure Firewall settings
The Windows firewall may block multi-user access considering it as a threat. Inappropriate configuration of firewall can result in the QuickBooks error H505 so it can be resolved by correcting them. The steps are as follows:
• Go to the ‘Control Panel’ of your computer and find ‘Firewall’ through the Search bar.
• Reach the ‘Advanced Settings’ option.
• Click on the ‘Outbound Rules’, and select ‘New Rule’.
• Assign the name and then click on the ‘Next' button.
Method 2: Check Hosting settings
Only one PC should host the data when using the multi-user mode. This should be ensured through these steps.
• Open QuickBooks on a workstation and go to its ‘Utilities’ section in the ‘File’ menu.
• You have to ensure that hosting Multi-user access is stopped on these stations.
• Repeat it on all workstations.
You should ensure that QBCFMonitor Service and other components facilitating the multi-user mode are working correctly. We explained to you the reasons that cause the QuickBooks error H505 and the methods of troubleshooting for it. You should be able to resolve the error easily using the methods stated above. If you are still struggling and you need an expert’s assistance, then contact us at our (800)-579-9430.