Macs like all other types of computers gradually slow down over time and that's natural to happen as usage takes its toll on the machine. But that doesn't mean that we have to put up with it and can't do much about it. There are multiple reasons that a Mac slows down:
ü Insufficient RAM is one of the primary reasons for your computer to slow down.
ü Full hard drive: If hard-drive is chock-full and there is insufficient space for swap files and other system operations for apps to run, it will affect the system performance.
ü Outdated Applications: If you're running outdated versions of applications, they tend to an effect on the application's performance and hence system performance goes down.
ü Too many Start-up Apps: If too many apps automatically start-up every time your Mac machine boots up and/or sit quietly in the background, they consume precious CPU power and RAM.
ü Visual effects: MacOS provides a ton of visual effects to its users but these effects eat-up CPU time and thus leave lesser CPU bandwidth for other processes.
ü Aging Hardware: Working on outdated/very old Mac machines can also affect the system's performance as the latest versions of OS and Apps are more resource consuming and older machines might not be able to fulfill the resource requirement of the latest Apps and OS. Aging hardware slows down the Mac.
Here's How you can Speed-Up Your Mac
We are providing a collection of steps as an essential guide for every Mac user to follow. These steps can tweak your Mac's performance. Regular use of this guide can help you get peak output from your Mac machine.
1. Update Your Mac: It's highly recommended that you keep your MacOS updated at all times. Every update comes with under-the-hood improvements to enhance the system's performance.
2. Activity Monitor: Go to Command-Space - Type Activity Monitor, press Return to open Activity Monitor. Look for the applications consuming high resources and just quit all those apps until next time.
3. Prune Startup Apps: Scan through all the apps that launch automatically on boot-up. Go to System Preferences - Users Groups - Check your LogIn items (a login might be required) remove by tapping the Minus button on all the apps that you don't need at the boot-up.
4. Limit the visuals: Mac offers some great visuals but they consume system resources. Switch-off some of the visuals to tweak your Mac's performance.
Go to System Preferences -Dock you can uncheck the following items:
ü Animate opening applications
ü Automatically hide and show the Dock
ü And set Minimize windows using to Scale Effect.
ü Transparency effects can also be reduced to enhance performance.
Go to Settings - Accessibility - Display, and adjust Transparency.
5. About this Mac: Mac recommends app-specific ((Mail, iTunes, iCloud Drive, among others) information from the About this Mac menu item. Click this item and you can find a bulk of ideas such as Store in iCloud, Optimize Storage, Empty Trash Automatically, Reduce Clutter, etc., to clean the space for better performance.
6. Lighten the Web browsers: Browsers come loaded with a lot of features and add-ons further complicate the issue. It's highly recommended to uninstall or deactivate any browser extension that is not required.
7. Empty the caches: Cache files are temporary files used by the Apps to enhance performance, but these files become redundant once they out-live their lifetime and consume disk space. Dead files hog your disk space and thus affect performance, hence cleaning cache is always a good idea.
A word of caution: We would recommend that you should consult a professional before attempting any hardware change and always backup your data before any hardware upgrade.
8. Upgrade RAM: RAM upgrade improves responsiveness, provides more working space to Apps and multitasking operations. Maximizing RAM slots of your Mac can be an ideal hardware solution to enhance your machine's performance.
9. Swap your HDD for an SSD: SSDs are faster by multiple times as compared to normal HDD. Upgrading to an SSD will make tasks such as booting-up, loading Apps and programs, saving data, file transfer faster by almost six times.
10. Reinstall OS X: When everything else fails, try reinstalling the OS. It's always a good practice to backup your data and note-down your Wi-Fi password.
Why to download MAC Optimizer PRO for boosting the speed?
Don’t waste any time struggling with a slow your mac — speed up your Mac right now with Mac Optimizer Pro. and enjoy automatic maintenance and loads of other optimization tools and improve the performance of your Mac. Mac Optimizer is one such nifty tool that comprises all the essential optimization and removal malware tools that you search for in an ideal Mac cleaner program. This best Mac cleaner application and quickly scans deletes all junk files and other privacy exposing items. What’s great about Mac optimizer compared to other best Mac cleaner apps.
Our latest version includes this new suite that offers comprehensive tools to clean my device. It also frees disk space by removing unwanted cache and incompatible login items. This will ultimately improve your device's performance. This utility is easy to use and will not cause any problems with your computer. It also ensures that your computer runs smoothly, efficiently, and stays in the top shape. This utility will dramatically improve your device's performance by fixing issues like hangs, freezes and error messages, app or browser not responding, incompatible login items, etc. It can also help you clean up your Mac hard drive, cache files and startup apps. Regular cleaning of your device with the best Mac cleaner will ensure it runs smoothly and prevent performance issues from affecting your computing experience.
- Easy to use interface.
- One-click cleaning.
- Boost Mac performance.
- Best malware removal tool for Mac.
- Real-time junk file scanning.
- Safer internet browsing.